Now that I'm on a roll--pun intended...sorry, that was a bad one--with the whole painting thing, I can't be stopped. This weekend I tackled a bookshelf, which I kept calling a dresser and Catcher corrected me saying "It's a shelf," in Catcher's bedroom. This was going to be my first project when we moved into the house. I was going to paint it before we left on our trip in July. I finally got around to it in late October. Unfortunately, I don't have any good before pictures of the shelf (I almost typed "dresser") itself because I didn't think about it until it was already coated in primer, so you'll just have to trust me that it looks better. I ordered the red star storage bins from Pottery Barn Kids last week. I think they're cute, but I was totally tricked on the size. I guess I could have read the measurements, but they appeared larger on the website than in real life. They look a little dwarfed on the shelf and don't hold as much as I thought. Oh well...
I don't think I've posted a picture of what Catcher's bedroom looked like before we moved in, so here it is:
Here are two more work-in-progress shots (notice the shelf in the corner on the second photo).
And here is how his bedroom looks today. I still have plans to do something with his bedside table. I'm not sure what exactly, but it will probably involve another can of paint.