10.10.2012

what's your hobby?
















Pictured here is my first trip [ever] to the Hobby Lobby. After having been, I can't believe I consider myself somewhat crafty (in the cool sense of the word) yet I had never been before. Because of its name, I had always thought of Hobby Lobby as a more intense grandma/scrapbooking/glue gun kind of place than its counterpart, Michael's. It turns out that what Hobby Lobby loses in branding it gains in wealth of merchandise. There is nothing--let me repeat, nothing--that they don't have. I can't even remember why I went there in the first place, and I found myself so overwhelmed--in the Bed Bath and Beyond sense of the word--that I couldn't focus on what I even wanted. (Because, trust me, no one needs any of the stuff in here.)

Where was I going with this?

Oh...so I came away with nothing except empty promises to Scout that "we'll come back." I'm not saying that I didn't love the place, but it's the kind of place--like the Container Store--where I shan't go in without a list. Otherwise I find myself with a cart full of ideas and zero execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment