3.31.2013

easter weekend



A snapshot of our Easter weekend follows (pictured above is the start of the Capitol Easter egg hunt--two of my children are somewhere in the sea of kids while number three is strapped to my chest):


Before the chaos of the hunt, we enjoyed a nice picnic lunch on the Capitol grounds while listening to a local steel drum/calypso band. Here Scout is discussing her strategy for gathering eggs. Catcher is checking out the competition.

I'm glad I packed a "healthy" lunch since they discovered free cookies upon entering the gate. Tillie didn't get a cookie, but she had free reign on the cheese and crackers I had packed.

The hunt started with a mad dash of preschoolers racing down the west lawn of the Capitol. When I recovered two of my missing children, I was pleased to find them together (phew!).

In Catcher's estimation, he had not collected enough eggs this year. But after the first two he opened contained chocolate--the horror!--he decided that maybe he did have enough.

p.s. You might think that dressing Catcher the same color as the lawn would have worked against me when trying to find my "lost" child, but he stuck out surprisingly well.

While Scout tries trading with a friend, Catcher glances over his shoulder to make sure there is no egg left unclaimed.

Scout doesn't understand why her pink egg is empty (you already ate the candy inside).

We made it home from the egg hunt. The girls napped. Catcher began plotting his own hunt in our front yard.

He looks for the best hiding places in our 2'x5' patch of grass.

He thinks he's pretty clever.

The girls have to close their eyes while he works his magic.

Scout peeks. She's wearing pajamas now, by the way, because she threw up on herself during her nap. Gross, yes, but these are the consequences of eating all your Easter candy in the car on the way home.

(Below) Scout finds an egg. Hurray!




Watching her big brother, Tillie decides she can get in on this whole egg hiding thing. No one will ever look in Catcher's helmet.

Check out the two faces below. Any similarities?




Someone is really excited about something.

Today (on the actual day of Easter) we went to brunch at a friend's. Prior to leaving the house, I found it my duty to get the obligatory "kids dressed up in their Easter best" photo. Here's what I got:






THE END. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment