3.09.2013

rainy day #2

I knew my luck would run out at some point today when I woke up to another drizzly Austin morning. I just didn't know my time would come at 8:30am. Catcher and Scout played amicably (early) as I performed my Saturday morning cleaning ritual. At one point I found them both shirtless under the dining room table making plans for world domination, but by 8:30 fisticuffs were brewing. We had to get out of the house.

Reaching deep into my archives of rainy day tricks, I remembered the train table at Barnes & Noble. We haven't been there in ages, so I knew they would be on board (stupid pun intended) with my idea. We happened to arrive 15 minutes before kids' story time, which was followed by a little arts and crafts session. That is how we ended up with these two penguin puppets (Scout's is on the left):


No comments:

Post a Comment