3.23.2013

soccer mom


I don't drive a minivan and I don't live in a cul-de-sac, but you can now label me a Soccer Mom. Catcher had his first soccer game this morning. We had the 8:00am time slot, which meant I had to have three kids fed, dressed and out the door by 7:30 ("practice" started at 7:45). We made it, and Catcher fell in love with the game. So did I, because watching four year-olds play soccer is fun(ny).

Catcher works on his skills before the game. The "older woman" playing goalie had a brother on his team.

This is how Scout felt when she found out she couldn't go out on the field and play soccer today.

I'm not sure what Tillie is thinking/feeling in this picture, but that's a funny face she's making.

At times the game looked more like the start of a race than a soccer match.


Catcher stayed close to the "tall guy" on his team. Nice move: I think this guy has played before.

There's not much going on in this picture, but pay close attention to the following sequence of events:




Catcher may have gotten away with a foul. Scroll up one more and check out 44 with his hands in his pockets.

Kicking the ball out of bounds is almost as exciting as scoring a goal at this age.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/23/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete