3.28.2013

sunshine in my corner


Nobody puts Baby in the corner, but you can put me in this corner in our living room any day of the week. An extension of my "reading corner" idea that never quite came to fruition in the apartment last year, this is my favorite spot in the house. In an ideal world, I sit in this chair with my sunrise coffee and watch the morning light pour in through the windows. In the afternoon, I sip my midday coffee while reading a great book (the girls are napping in this scenario while Catcher is playing quietly by himself). Below is my view from this corner:

From here I can watch the leisurely traffic on the street and see the postman deliver the mail.

I can also keep my eye on whatever is going on in the dining room from this seat. I'm not sure how much trouble Catcher can get himself into while doing a 200-piece puzzle at the table, but just in case...

The only thing missing from my corner was a little bit of sunshine to reflect the actual sun coming in across the room. I had been dreaming about a sunburst mirror to spruce up the naked wall, and then I found this one on Gilt. I "saved" more on it than I spent, so I figured it was a decent deal.


Voila! Sunshine in my corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment