3.22.2013

the lone star (state)



There comes a time in every Texan's--or perhaps wannabe Texan, in my case--life when he/she is driven to display the lone star. In our house, that time has arrived. Having been a resident here for 18 months, with a native Texan as a husband and a child born in this glorious state, I was ready to pledge my allegiance. While spending the day in Houston after taking Catcher to his grandmother's for spring break, we visited the Wabash Antiques and Feed Store. Hanging before us, in all its Texan glory, was this lone star. I had to have it for the back porch.



I may never be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or attend a proper Rodeo. Or maybe I will (the Rodeo thing, not the Cowboys). But I will display my star with pride. And I will choose a breakfast taco any morning over a bagel and cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment