6.29.2011

let the packing begin

With one month to go until D-Day (Departure Day) last night I decided it was time to start packing. So I started with one of the least-used items in our household--the china cabinet. I can count on my hands the number of times we've used our china since we've been married. Actually, I can count on one finger the number of times we've used our china: we used it on Christmas Eve last year. Anyway, I figured packing it up would make me feel as if I had accomplished something without interfering with my everyday routine. While I wrapped our vintage jewel Lenox in the Sunday New York Times, Alex ventured into the "media cabinet" (i.e. console bureau, that's an inside joke) where he was in charge of our DVD collection.

DVDs (on the left, below) and a collection of Carl Sagan VHS tapes from Alex's college days (on the right). He's convinced he can get at least $5 for the them at our yard sale. At least he has the complete set. Do they still make VCRs? Maybe some mystery yard sale shopper has one of those fancy TV/VCR combos, and will think they hit a goldmine when they see this amazing (and I mean that in a cosmic sort of way) collection.



Here's a look at the living room last night in the throws of packing. Funny how two boxes create quite the crowding effect in 847 square feet. I'm not even bothering myself with keeping the house "show ready" anymore. One more night of packing will have us tripping over each other in ways we've never known, and we haven't even started with what's already packed up in the attic. I guess it's time to begin selling off our furniture to make room for all the boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment