6.06.2011

guerilla showing

Tonight Alex and Catcher were outside checking out some big dog they had spotted in the neighborhood when Alex poked his head in the front door saying, "Honey? Are you decent?" This isn't an unusual question considering I'm usually in my nightgown by 6:15pm, but tonight I happened to be wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants. "Yeah. What's going on?" I peeked my head out from the kitchen and saw Alex leading a tall stranger into our home. "Come on in C--," he said enthusiastically. I should have guessed: it was another guerilla showing by Alex.

Apparently the dog that Alex and Catcher were stalking had an owner who had a boyfriend who is looking to buy a home in our neighborhood, so Alex welcomed him in and told him all the great things about this house (the lot, the lot, the lot). Our visitor was most impressed, however, with the double-paned windows. Apparently decent windows are hard to come by in the older homes in this neighborhood, so that's a plus. He also mentioned that he's been looking at condos Uptown, but he'd really like "some property" (good Southern boy!). I almost told him we'd throw in the TV--or the iPad--if he bought the house, but I held back. I didn't want to appear too desperate.

After he left, Alex and I were feeling a little proud of ourselves and wondering if we would get the .03% commission that should be ours if he bought the house. I also could't help but notice that today is 6/6, so maybe there is something to all this six business. I'm thinking I should send Alex out for a lotto ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment