6.02.2011

this one goes out to the one i love


I don't know what it is about her, but I've had a girl crush on Keri Russell for the better half of 10 years now. Maybe it's because I identified with her character on Felicity or because I once saw her crossing the street in front of me in New York wearing a camel-colored trench coat and jeans with her hair pulled back effortlessly, and she just looked so down-to-earth and someone who would be your friend. Maybe I like her because she moved away from Hollywood and married a carpenter or maybe because we were pregnant with our sons at the same time, and she named hers River (River Phoenix was my first true crush, following Kirk Cameron, of course). Whatever the source of my infatuation--did I mention we're the same age, and I once saw her photographed in a magazine wearing a pair of jeans that I own...and she had them cuffed like I used to do?--I was excited to see her Brooklyn home featured in this month's Elle Decor. Oh yeah, we once thought about moving to Brooklyn, too...

Clearly you can judge by my slight insanity that there's no way I wouldn't like Keri Russell's abode. Unless it was Real Housewives of New Jersey tacky, but come on. Take a look at it yourself, and if you see a similar look evolving in my future home, then maybe I have taken this "crush" thing a little too far.

Images from Elle Decor.







No comments:

Post a Comment