6.03.2011

the six year itch

Hot Dog Stand, New York

After graduating from college, following a 6-month journey backpacking through Europe, I moved to New York City where I lived for six years. While I was there, I lived in six different apartments. I never thought about it until I started typing tonight, but the number six seems to be figuring prominently into the story that's about to unfold. By now you know the drill, I dated six guys (kidding) in New York until I met the one who would eventually become my husband, and together we moved to Charlotte, NC. Incidentally, we had to drive through six states to get here.

Charlotte Motor Speedway

Fast-forward to present day, and we've been living in Charlotte for six years (but thank goodness we do not have six kids). I don't have any other interesting "sixes" to share about Charlotte--although our address is 2612--but suffice it to say, we're ready to skip town. That's right. We're not just ready to be out of this house, but we've been thinking about a new place to plant our feet. Or maybe I should say we were thinking about a new place to plant our feet until things just seemed to suddenly fall into place last week, and we made the decision to move. The die has been cast; July 29th is our last day in Charlotte. Forget about selling the house (although it would be nice to have it off of our minds before we go) and forget about waiting around for life to happen. When you know, you know, and it's time to go.

So where exactly are we going?


Wish us luck. I'll keep everyone posted as we pack up and move, of course, and I'll finally have the blog I always wanted. By the way, we have another showing tomorrow. I think this brings us to 9 or 10, so maybe the house will be sold before we leave (stranger things have happened, right?). Either way, I'll have an experience to write about.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, we don't have a home or jobs in Austin (well...Alex is self-employed, so it doesn't really count) but that's how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment