6.27.2011

10 months later


This past Saturday was our final, actual, real last shoot with HGTV. At least that's what I've been told. Although we had to re-arrange our schedules and spend our free family Sundays with a TV crew in tow, and I would furiously clean the house before the crew got there only to have dirt and mud dragged through it once they arrived, and the kids would go hours without napping and lose all sense of self-control by 5:00pm, there was a part of me that loved it. Perhaps it's the lights or getting a quick glimpse of yourself on the monitor. Maybe it's the producer saying you look good or the camera guy throwing his artsy spin on your otherwise mundane task of raking the yard. I don't know what it is (or was) but I can't wait to see the finished product. Actually, I should reserve judgment until after the show airs because I'm sure I'll think my voice sounds weird or I'll hate my hair or one of my dumb outfits (figuring out what to wear each day, it turns out, was the most difficult task of all).


Other than feeling like a minor--if totally insignificant--celebrity at times, I think I also enjoyed the whole experience because I got a better understanding of Alex's work. I loved listening to him talk to the sound guy and the camera guy (sorry, I don't remember their "proper" names) and drop his TV buzz words. Catcher had fun, too. He was totally comfortable with the cameras in our house and affectionately referred to them as the "TV screws." I'm sure he'll hate us someday when he's a teenager and we make him sit down and watch himself in toddlerhood on My First Sale, but it will be our own little HD version of a home movie.


P.S. Can you believe this all started back in September?

P.P.S. Do you think our house will look small on TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment