2.10.2011

my doppelganger

Why is it that we always see ourselves in someone else...or we're always trying to see ourselves in someone else? You know when you're watching The Bachelor and some girl has the ugly cry going and vows to never date again (I made that same vow in college, you think). Or you read a book where you connect with the main character--a fictional character I might add--because she lived in the same neighborhood as you in New York and she rides the subway to work and likes to drink martinis. I'm not talking about myself here, by the way, but I could be talking about you.

Anyway, my point is that my friend just sent me a link to her friend's blog, and I have to say that I kind of see myself in this girl. I won't say her blog right here for fear of labeling myself as a stalker (which we know I've had experience with in the past) but I have added it under "suggested reading." She also sells things online and--other than her witty and humorous writing--there are (at least) three things listed that tell me she could be me:

Chiang Mai fabric: remember seeing this here?

I've definitely touched on this subject once or twice in different variations.

Been there, ikat.

Admittedly, I was not the first to come up with any of these ideas, but it is comforting (or perhaps validating) to see someone with your same interests even though we're all striving to be unique. An oxymoron perhaps, but that's what unites us...or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment