6.05.2010

i heart eBay

What can I say? I love eBay! I've often said if you want something, anything, there's someone on eBay who wants to sell it to you. Just yesterday I discovered the Vladimir Kagan lookalike Lucite chair that I couldn't live without (see my favorite color), and today I'm the proud owner of said chair. Before going to bed last night, I once again enlisted the great resource eBay to track down a certain Schumacher fabric that would be the perfect cushion cover. You can guess how the story ends (hint: I wouldn't "heart" eBay if I hadn't found it). So here it is:


Schumacher's Chiang Mai fabric--a busy print, but with a clean slate like a clear plastic chair, you can let your imagination run wild. Of course the best part of the story is that I'm getting 1 1/2 yards of the fabric for less than what one yard would cost retail. In addition, you generally can't even get the fabric without using a professional interior designer--make it another reason to love eBay.

The chair should be arriving in about 6 - 8 weeks. The only negative is that it will be delivered to my nearest Greyhound station where it will wait patiently to be picked up (I haven't told my husband yet, but the pickup is his department). The fabric is shipping from England and should be here in about ten days. If I'm calculating correctly the chair should arrive shortly before baby #2, so this should be an interesting  project. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment