6.03.2010

my first sale



Over the five years that I've been a homeowner, I've logged more hours with HGTV than I care to recount. Whether it's Buy this House, Sell this House, House Hunters or Design Star, it's the white noise that occupies my living room on Saturday afternoons or lazy Friday nights. Just when I thought I'd seen them all I came across a new show--My First Sale--that, coincidentally, coincides with my life as it documents the first-time home selling process. What I've learned so far is 1) listen to your realtor 2) lower your asking price and 3) hold open houses. On television, this seems to be the magic formula for selling your house. My husband and I have implemented each of these practices over the past year and yet we're no closer to packing up than we were when this whole process began. I'm only hoping that another summer season, where the market has seemingly been picking up in our area, will bring some good luck. I've already purchased the packing tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment