6.21.2010

going tribal



Lately I've been obsessed with all things ikat (pronounced ee-kaht; please don't say eye-cat). From textiles to furniture to fashion, I love the bold colors and patterns of this centuries-old timeless element of design. Inspired by Madeline Weinrib's classic french chairs upholstered in a plum ikat print (above), I'm already thinking of my own interpretation for a bench that I purchased over a year ago at a local golf store that was going out of business. But more on that later. For the moment, please enjoy the many faces of ikat:







1. Madeline Weinrib ikat chairs: LA Design Concepts
2. Fabrics by Donghia
3. Rug: ABC Carpet & Home
4. Pillows: Pottery Barn
5. Bedding: Williams Sonoma Home
6. Bowl: Anthropologie
7. Wallpaper from Mercury Design Studio
8. Fabric by John Robshaw
9. Gucci spring 2010 ikat dress: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment