6.08.2010

neutralize, neutralize

It really comes as no shock, but apparently my husband and I are not the "average" home buyers. The average home buyer wants neutral walls ("Pottery Barn" colors are also popular I hear), flower boxes and (as previously discussed) granite counter tops: these are the things I learned after having our house on tour this morning. We took care of the granite, so I guess the next thing to tackle are the brightly hued walls--sounds like a great project during my eighth month of pregnancy. But I have to ask--how do you distinguish one beige from the next? Are all shades of beige created equal?

According to Benjamin Moore, the following rich neutral hues are great to consider without sacrificing the feeling of color in a space. It's a far cry from the bright blue that currently coats my dining room walls, but I can see barley working in that space.

Other suggestions from Benjamin Moore--in this case to help maximize your space--are the light neutrals below that magically make a room feel more spacious. While I find it boring, manchester tan could possibly cover the acid yellow walls in our bedroom.


Of course, I'm not breaking out the paintbrush just yet (or rather, I'm not enlisting my husband to do so). I want to get my realtor's advice on the subject and weigh the pros and cons of the situation. Is it really worth the time and money only to end up selling our house for less than we'd hoped anyway? Is it a great time to take on such a project with the baby due next month? But on the other hand, will it sell the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment