2.03.2011

small treasures

One day when I have a new home, which will really be an old home that we magically stumble upon and completely refurbish, and when I have the time and money to decorate that home any way I choose--including trips to New York and the Paris flea market for perfect one-of-a-kind objects--one of my first stops will be Olde Good Things. A virtual treasure trove of architectural artifacts, reclaimed wood and vintage furniture, this place has it all. I stumbled upon the storefront years ago on a lazy Saturday afternoon while trolling around the Chelsea flea markets, and I was instantly obsessed. This is where my fascination with old door knobs truly began (sorry, Alex). I could spend a lifetime in Olde Good Things coming up with a new invention for some cracked piece of stained glass or a quirky bronze statue. I even saw an excavator listed on their website at the incredible price of $34,000...don't get any ideas for your birthday this summer, Catcher. Anyway, here are some of the wonders to behold:








No comments:

Post a Comment