2.08.2011

color of the year

pantone

I can't believe we're 39 days into the earth's rotation and I have yet to mention the 2011 color of the year. Introducing: Honeysuckle, or Pantone 18-2120. Most who know me know I'm not a pink girl. I don't like pink. I don't wear pink. I don't buy pink for my daughter (correction: I sometimes buy pink for my daughter because there aren't many options otherwise).

Those who know me well, however, know that I have a weird pink side. I like bright pink. Garish pink. Neon pink. I like it as nail color. I like it as an accessory. I love it on a wall. While the color of the year is a bit tepid for my liking, I'm here to give a shout out to my kind of pink: welcome 2011!

Elle Decor

Property
First of all, have you ever seen anything cuter than these gummi bear lights? Secondly, the bright pink guy has the right amount of style and quirkiness that I would actually consider using it to decorate Scout's room.

New York Magazine
Artist/director Julian Schnabel is not afraid to be bold. Behold his West Village home, the Palazzo Chupi.

Metropolitan Home
By the way, here's how Pantone describes the color of the year: "Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you, and carry you through the year. It's a color for every day -- with nothing 'everyday' about it."


No comments:

Post a Comment