2.24.2011

pictures of you


When I was in high school, I drew a picture of Jerry Garcia for my sister. We were deadheads at the time--as deadhead as suburban high school kids can be--and I was exploring my artistic side (this is when I was still enamored of the idea of living as a starving artist in SoHo). The picture was (is) terrible. Jerry has little freaky hands and slumped shoulders and blank eyes. I've asked my sister for years to get rid of it, but she holds onto it. And I didn't grow up to be an artist, starving or otherwise.

The other day I came across the website of a girl who did grow up to be an artist, and she creates the cutest custom illustrations starting at $150. Check out i Missy You to see how she's able to transform your favorite pictures of yourself--or musical legends or your dog or favorite pair of shoes--into a work of art. Maybe I'll send her a picture of Jerry...

No comments:

Post a Comment