2.21.2011

sunny saturday

I would like to congratulate Alex and myself for crossing four things off of our list this weekend. We took advantage of the 75-degree weather and perched the kids outside for a fun-filled Saturday afternoon. These are the things I learned: I love being outside but hate yard work, blowing leaves is way more difficult than it looks (and not as much fun, I might add) and raking with a baby attached to your chest is not very efficient. But here's a look at the the things we did accomplish:

- throw out the doormat in the kitchen
- stack up on air filters for hallway vent
- get a flower box for one of the front windows (um...do I need to plant something now?)
- get light for side porch and install

And here's a look at the Wheats in action:



























Scout was so excited when she found out we'd be "playing" outside that she went all Brandi Chastain and ripped off her shirt.





























Catcher was really excited, too...all he had to do all day was run around the yard.



























Squirrels were freaking her out...





























Catcher dismantled my pile of leaves that took 20 minutes to rake in 2.2 seconds. At least it was good for a chuckle.

























Sorry about the unflattering angle, Scout. I know you'll bring it up some day when you hate me for everything.





























Let's play pass the baby: I'll take her while you blow the leaves, then you take her while I blow the leaves; I'll take her while you're playing with electricity, then you take her...

No comments:

Post a Comment