2.15.2011

what's in a heart?

Did I neglect to mention that yesterday was Valentine's Day? As you can imagine, I really don't like Valentine's Day (and I'm not saying that in a I'm-a-single-girl-who-really-wants-a-mate-but-says-she-hates-Valentine's sort of way). I'm really not fond of the holiday--although it is the one time of year that I enjoy eating cheap chocolate from a big cardboard box--because hearts and bunnies and sappy cards aren't really my jam. Are bunnies associated with Valentine's Day? Maybe not, but here are a few things that should be...


Hugs not drugs? Sometimes you have to say drugs not hugs. Either way, I love Jonathan Adler's quirky needlepoint pillows.

Only the late (and genius) Alexander McQueen could create such a desirable juxtaposition of opposites with this skull heart ring. I heart it.

This bracelet is constructed of hearts and inspired by Disney. Hearts and Disney are two things I would normally turn up my nose to, but there are times when two wrongs make a right (especially when Tom Binns is behind it!).

What can I say? I'm a sucker for some tacky heart tattoo art. Just wrap it up with my Whitman's Sampler and call it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/06/2011

    Where did you get the pillow??

    ReplyDelete