1.10.2013

welcome back, sunshine

The cookies are gone (almost) but the sun came out today. I realize now--on those days when it's 67 degrees in January--that perhaps I was a little premature in lamenting the whole "no seasons in Texas" thing before the holidays. Since the New Year we have had a taste of winter--winter in a grey, drab and rainy sort of place (like Ireland?)--and I think I prefer the warmer days.

Apparently more rain is headed our way this weekend, so I was not about to let a sunny afternoon go by without taking advantage. Scout was up for an adventure--she couldn't wait to take a turn on the scooter she got for Christmas.



But two blocks into her run, Scout was ready for a "blake" [break]. I guess she had gotten used to the whole pent-up-inside-all-day thing.


Catcher was still game for an adventure, however, and he led us to this crazy park thing, Sparky Park, a few blocks down the street from us. He quickly dismounted his bike to practice his climbing skills.


Suddenly Scout wasn't so tired anymore as she followed suit.



Tomorrow it's supposed to be 73 in Austin. I'm not wishing for winter (i.e. complaining) because on Sunday it will be back to 46 degrees and raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment