1.02.2013

a revolution

Last week Alex asked me if I had any New Year's resolutions. My answer was the same as every year, along the lines of "I'm not really a 'resolution' type of person" (drawing out the word "resolution" like I'm above it or something).

But then this morning I remembered something. I did make a resolution of sorts when I got my hair cut a few weeks ago. I resolved to start blow drying--or at least brushing--my hair. It's true; I don't brush my hair (except on very special occasions). It's sort of a ridiculous thing. For some reason I thought I could achieve this effortless, wind blown, beachy, wavy look by neglecting my tresses. Until I finally realized--what took me so long-- that you actually have to work at your hair to make it look like you didn't. So...the point is that I'm here to officially announce my New Year's revolution. And, yes, I realize I just wrote revolution. Please refer to dictionary.com's third definition of the word revolution:

3. a sudden, complete or marked change in something: the present revolution in church architecture.

It seems fitting, especially because I not only blow dryed (or is it blowed dry?) my hair today but also brushed it...twice.



No comments:

Post a Comment