1.01.2013

first project of 2013

My first project of the new year was more of a 20-minute rearrange than an actual project, but it was a puzzle I've been trying to solve in my head for a while: arranging the girls' bedroom. I woke up this morning at 6:00am thinking about it. I guess because we had already taken down the Christmas tree and packed up a bunch of old stuff for Goodwill before the holidays, I had no real New Years-y type projects to tackle today. But it wouldn't feel like January 1st without doing something, so this is what I did.

This is the bedroom before. I couldn't get a good picture of it from this angle because, as you'll see in Exhibit A (below) the door didn't open all the way.

Exhibit A (I): This is as far as you could open the door. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but after squeezing through the space between it and the foot of Scout's bed--especially while carrying things like the laundry or a baby--I eventually got over the body contortion thing.

Exhibit A (II): This is the reason you couldn't open the door all the way: the trunk. It was initially located across the room where the dresser is, but we had to switch things around when we got the dresser. The trunk ended up here by default.

Exhibit B: The other challenge to this space is the stairway that leads up to our bedroom. It basically renders the entire wall useless for storage/decorating purposes. I thought I could make the trunk work, but I finally surrendered.

Exhibit C: The room's new look. It still needs some work, but I feel like the switch has opened up the space (and now you can walk through the door). Oh, the "switch" I'm referring to is the bed and the crib. I just realized you couldn't see the crib in the before picture, because of the whole door thing, but it was where the bed is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment