1.14.2013

bag, meet gym


Take a look at what I un-earthed last week: the old gym bag. Actually, it looks pretty good for being inactive for the past 18 months. A regular gym-goer throughout my adult years, I was the one rolling my eyes at all the new members joining in January--jamming up the locker room, using my favorite treadmill (with bad form, I might add). And now--do I have to say it?--I am one of those people who joined the gym in January. Blame it on the cold snap we've had in Austin or the old "no initiation fee for joining just after the New Year" scam. (Honestly, it's probably the two hours of free childcare that pushed my pen to sign on the dotted line.) Whatever the reason, I'm happy to be back. However, now I am forced to face another one of my major critiques: strutting around town in gym clothes.

I've been known to have strong opinions on certain subject matters, and this is one of them. Why not just put on a decent pair of jeans and a cute top, I've asked. Well, now I understand (sort of). It's pretty convenient for me to drop Catcher (and Scout when she goes) off at school in the morning and then head to the gym. This means I'm going to school in my workout gear. But I'll give myself a pass because I do get dressed in civilian clothes before pickup...at least for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment