1.24.2013

small room, big teepee

I love the teepee that Catcher got for Christmas, but I don't love where it ended up in the middle of the let's-clean-up-the-living-room-and-get-this-thing-out-of-here Christmas day haste. I was feeling a little restless and suffocated when I went into Catcher's room this afternoon; thus, a re-arrange was on the horizon.

Before: There was a lot of furniture in a little room. You could only open the closet door by standing on one foot and wedging yourself between the teepee and the bedroom door. You had to move the rocking chair to get to the games, etc. stored in the drawers below the bookshelf, and it was a pain making the bed that was all crunched up against the opposite wall (see below).


My inspiration was to make the teepee the focus of the room. The only way to make it fit where I wanted it was to move the bed off the wall (which I didn't mind).

Here's the teepee in it's new home.

This is just a gratuitous shot of Tillie. She was part of the action and looking cute (more pics below).



Alex came in for the grunt work: hanging pictures. With the new arrangement you can actually see the vintage Michael Jordan/UNC photo that was the first real decorating piece we purchased for Catcher's room.

After: The tiny room--even with a giant teepee--somehow feels bigger. I think Tillie approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment