12.19.2012

'tis the season...what is the season?

Since moving to Texas, I feel like I talk about the weather more than I actually care about the weather. It's just strange for this east coast, four-season girl to get used to the only two seasons--hot and hotter--that (apparently) exist here in central Texas. Occasionally we may get a dust of chill, but it doesn't last for more than a day or two (and generally withers away by midday).

I don't really have a point to this babble other than to say that the past two days the high has been 82, so when Alex was raking leaves in our front yard this afternoon, it felt more like late summer than almost winter. This lack of season stuff is really messing with my head--I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away! Last year at this time I was pregnant, so I don't really remember anything about anything, but I can tell you that Tillie our Texas baby loved crawling around outside on this balmy December afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment