12.30.2012

on the 10th day of christmas break...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we were kids there's no way Christmas break was this long. We would get three--maybe four if we were lucky--days off. I'm sure of it. By December 30th I've pretty much run out of my bag of tricks, and the only way to get the troops in bed tonight was with promises of "special treats" tomorrow for New Year's Eve. I told them they could have cake for dinner. Welcome to my world.

8:30am: Scout was cold; she put her sweater coat on over her pajamas.

8:32am: Guess what Scout said when Catcher asked if he could play with her new toy car.

1:29pm: Pancakes for lunch? Sure, why not.

1:31pm: Tillie wonders, "What's with the camera? Do I get another pancake or what?"

1:35pm: "Are there any more pancakes?"

1:36pm: "Tillie dropped a piece on the floor."

4:39pm: Tillie's afternoon nap was a short one today.

4:39pm: Scout's afternoon nap didn't happen today.

4:39pm: Return of the lower lip pout (see 8:32am).

6:22pm: After a nice dinner and a nice bath, Catcher is once again plotting world dominance.

6:32pm: After a nice dinner and a nice bath, Scout lets the crazy out.

6:39pm: Wait. Are these the same kids that were terrorizing each other two hours ago?

6:45pm: A new game is invented--astronauts, it's called.

6:45pm: Tillie tries her hand at the solar system floor puzzle.

6:52pm: Somehow we always manage to work our way back to a smile at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment