4.29.2011

three





























Today we had our third official showing. I say "official" because I forgot to mention one "unofficial" showing that Alex hosted earlier in the week. On Tuesday night he was outside cleaning his car (I use the term cleaning very loosely here), when a snappy young guy driving a BMW slowed down and performed a couple drive-bys on the place. I guess Alex stared him down long enough that he finally rolled down his window to ask if the house was for sale (there's no sign in the front yard, but I think that adds to the intrigue). Lovable guy-next-door Alex offered to give him a tour around the outside of the property, and using his best selling techniques pointed out all the great things about the house--the neighborhood, the lot, the rocks around the flowerbed--and downplayed the negatives (what negatives?!). So that was Brad on Tuesday. I don't know if he liked what he saw, but I hope his comes back for a closer look because I believe this is the perfect house for a single guy. A single guy won't care about the washing machine in the kitchen (he probably wouldn't even know what it is).

And that brings us to [official] number three, which took place this afternoon. We have yet to hear feedback from yesterday's number two, by the way, so I'm sure they hated it (haha). We left the house in showing order this morning if you take away the fact that we still have to slap some paint on the walls in Catcher's room in a couple of places where we patched up some cracks (pictured above). "We" means Alex in the previous sentence. I hope whoever looked at the house doesn't hold it against us. I hope they realize that we'll take 10 minutes on Sunday to cover finish the job. I hope they like small houses. Honestly I forgot that we had to do it until we had our first showing last week; I guess I didn't think we'd have so many showings in the first week. But look on the bright side, if it was Brad or some other single guy, he probably didn't notice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment