4.25.2011

this time we mean business





























Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and the Wheats decided that instead of spending what turned out to be a beautiful afternoon outside on a silly egg hunt, we would spend the afternoon fixing up the outside of the house. Actually, Alex spent the afternoon fixing up the outside of the house with Catcher's "help," while Scout napped and I cleaned the inside (and stuck my head out the front door periodically to ask if there was anything I could do and make sure the boys were drinking enough water). Here are the guys in action:






























While the guys were hard at work, Scout getting rowdy on the front porch (my motivation behind this picture was actually to show off the "pop of color" from the plants I have miraculously not killed over the past month):





























Alex also cut some fresh flowers from our lovely English-inspired garden--I say that because I find it unruly and confusing at times--in the front yard and placed them on the mantle (p.s. is it me, or does the ceiling totally look blue in this picture?):





























We also opened one Easter care package from the kids' grandma and one from the kids' cousins and merged the two into this lovely centerpiece on our dining room table:





























I realize this may all seem random, but I do have a point. As we were performing these somewhat menial tasks yesterday, I found myself saying things like "Wow...the mulch really looks nice. I hope someone comes to look at the house soon;" and "The flowers on the mantle are so cute. I hope someone comes to look at the house before they die;" or "Let's put the Easter bucket on the table, and then if someone comes to look at the house they can have a Godiva butterfly." I don't lay claim to being a psychic, but someone did come to look at the house today. Of course, Alex got the call at 3:03pm that a realtor wanted to show it between 3:00 - 4:00pm, so we didn't have time to come home and turn on all the lights and pull back all the curtains and bake an apple pie or whatever, but at least we had some fresh designer black mulch.

By the way, today is day 5 that our house has been on the market if anyone's counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment