4.27.2011

freaky little people

Donald Baechler




































Always on the hunt for a deal, I just discovered another website providing contemporary art at affordable prices: Artspace. [Side note: one of these days I'm going to have a home where I can actually display all this affordable art I keep discovering.] As I was clicking around daydreaming about art for rooms that I've never seen in a house that doesn't exist--except in my imagination--I came across this little piece that's kind of freaky but totally cool (at least in my humble opinion). And the coolest thing about it is not the kitschy plastic figurines or the fact that Alex actually liked it (he usually thinks the art that "speaks" to me is weird) but the fact that the artist took the photo using a Polaroid app on his iPhone and then has it somehow blown up and printed on fine art paper. Totally cool. I'll let you know what it looks like in real life if I ever have a new house and remember that I once wanted to purchase this. Here's a look at some of the other artists represented on the Artspace:

David Levinthal
Rebecca Graham


























Eric Fischl
Ross Bleckner

No comments:

Post a Comment