4.21.2011

third time's a charm?




Today our house was officially re-listed, so this is the third time in almost two years that our house has been on the market. The first time we listed was May 2009, and the very first person who looked at it--it had been on the market less than a week--made us an offer. We turned it down, of course, not knowing what the following 18 months would bring, which turned out to be very little. After that first showing in May, we had a couple in June, nothing in July and then a few more toward the end of August. No one came back for a second look, and everyone thought the house was too small. So the house sat...and sat...and sat. There was a guy in February who teased us a little by coming back for a second and third look, but he finally settled on a bigger place (go figure!) in a nearby neighborhood. The next thing we knew, May 2010 rolled around and I was pregnant--about 7 months, to be exact--and we decided to take the house off the market for about a week and re-list it with the same realtor (why?!). It was around this time that I got my Mac and started my blog. Back then, I envisioned my initial entries revolving around the randomness of moving and old things you come across that you forgot you had with pictures of me and my big pregnant belly packing a U-Haul. The next thing I knew the baby was born, I was applying to be on HGTV, we finally fired our realtor, I started a new job, Alex spent the month of March on the road, Catcher and Scout began sharing a room and we're still trying to sell the house. Wish us luck this time around, and I'm marking down April 21st, 2011 as day one.

Incidentally, the #3 pinata pictured above would be excellent for Catcher's third birthday in July (which we will be celebrating in Mexico--ole!).

No comments:

Post a Comment