4.06.2011

fill in the lines


We're down to the last few things--at least the things we've decided to attempt--on our to do list, and the other day I came up with a brilliant idea. Instead of crawling around in the attic ducking rodents and squirrels (not really, but maybe) looking for the paint we used for the trim in the hallway, I decided to enlist the help of an old favorite: the Sharpie. I think Sharpie makes some kind of paint pen now to fill in scratches in your furniture and whatnot, so why not use an actual Sharpie to touch up the paint in your hallway (especially if that paint is a dark blue that looks black to the naked eye)? So that's what I did. The project took all of five minutes, and if I didn't tell you, you'd never guess it. Just don't tell the prospective buyers.

Incidentally, there's some serious Sharpie art out there. Take a look at these styrofoam cups by artist Cheeming Boey. Next time I finish a cup of coffee and I'm bored at work, maybe I'll feel inspired and pull the Sharpie out of my desk.





No comments:

Post a Comment