4.16.2011

bye, bye baby































If all goes according to plan tomorrow, I will not be looking at this when I wake up Monday morning. This is Scout's bassinet, which I purchased when I was nine months pregnant because we hadn't sold the house and we didn't have a plan for the baby's sleeping arrangements. Nine months later, Scout is still sleeping in our room about to rock herself out of the bassinet, so we've decided the time has come to move Catcher into his bed--which I purchased when I was only four months pregnant and optimistic that we would be out of the house way before the baby was ever born--and hand his crib down to Scout. Let's keep our fingers crossed that all goes well because this is a multi-layered process.

Step one involves us assembling the twin bed that arrived at our house in three convenient boxes that have been strategically hidden for the past 14 months. Here are the boxes (I opened them tonight in anticipation of the big assembly tomorrow):





























And here is the tiny bag of hardware that's supposedly all we need to assemble a fully functioning twin bed:





























If step one goes well (meaning Alex and I don't yell obscenities at each other causing one of us to storm off in a tizzy) then we'll move on to step two, which is arguably more challenging than step one: IKEA. I've never actually been to this treasure trove of modern, affordable, assembly-required Scandinavian design, but I hear it's quite the place. We're making the trek because I hear they have decent mattresses (and also maybe because this is my excuse to go) and inexpensive bedding for kids. If we make it home from this warehouse of madness, then step three will be convincing Catcher to "give" his crib to Scout so he can move on to his big boy bed (oh yeah, and also share a room with his baby sister). Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment