10.08.2010

reflections

Our realtor has suggested we place a mirror over the mantle to create the illusion of space in our small living room. I don't know if this suggestion is just more realtor hocus-pocus (remember the granite counter tops that were supposed to bring instant offers?) but I figure we should try anything at this point. Tomorrow I plan to venture out with the kids on a mirror mission...wish me luck!

West Elm
Leave to West Elm to create an inexpensive piece (antique tiled mirror, $149) with a vintage vibe that brings a little personality to your space. The last thing I want to do is invest in something--no matter the cost--that I can't envision in my next house. I could definitely bring this one along for the ride.

Design Within Reach
Simple, modern, beautiful: the Mondrian mirror would work beautifully in any future home (especially a box house).

I could definitely find a place for this mirror in my next home, but I don't know that it would do much in this house to create that illusion of space we're going after.

Horchow
I once saw a floor jigsaw mirror, similar to the one above, photographed in a magazine and I've been slightly obsessed ever since. 

Anthropologie
Turn this one on its side, and you have a pretty cool mirror that makes a statement all its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment