10.15.2010

hippie shiek


When asked to describe my personal style, I'm tempted to say "a little bit country; a little bit rock 'n roll" (mostly because I think it sounds cool), but my true style is more along the lines of a little bit hippie, a little bit 80s and a little bit mid-century. Keeping this synthesis in mind, I've found my perfect sofa: the Mah Jong Modular Sofa designed by Hans Hopfer for Roche Bobois. The patterns are hippie, the colors are 80s and the style is mid-century. To say I'm obsessed would be an understatement. Is it not the perfect piece to make a statement against the clean lines and concrete floors comprising the box house?

The bad news is that the sectional--customized with your choices of fabrics, bases and finishes--would cost around $10,000 [sigh]. But the good news is that a trip to their showroom can inspire copycat looks by opening your mind to mixing unexpected pattern and color combinations. That's worth a trip to New York...



Photos: Roche Bobois

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! The color and pattern combos are just stunning. I wish I had been brave enough to decorate like that!

    ReplyDelete