10.25.2010

no comment

Today our realtor hosted a broker's open to get some traffic moving through the house. I came home to a warm house smelling of home-cooked chili and jalapeno cornbread along with some "constructive criticism" from the realtors who stopped by. At this point, I have to say that I'm honestly not interested in what the realtors have to say about neutralizing and staging and whatever--I just wanted people in the house hoping that someone out there has a client who actually wants to buy a home. That being said, I did follow the "suggestions" our realtor gave the last time she walked through the house, and I pulled back all the curtains and put fresh flowers out for a "pop of color," which is quickly becoming my least favorite phrase, by the way. Here's a look at the house prior to the open (note the tulips on the coffee and dining room tables):




With two growing kids and my sanity waning, the house isn't going to get in any better showing condition. We've changed the price; we've changed the kitchen; we've changed the exterior and the yard,  and still nothing. The only thing that hasn't changed in this equation is the realtor, so maybe we need to think about looking elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment