10.26.2010

hide away


If you've looked at my blog then you've seen one of my greatest creations (not counting the kids, of course)--the "cow chair." Four years ago my mother-in-law summoned me into her basement and offered any of the treasures laid out before me. From the far corner, I saw a beat-up, flood-damaged and sadly neglected dining chair: "I want that," I said. "You want that?" From the moment I spotted the unfortunate thing, I had a vision. I found its brother and the pair made the 859 mile journey from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Charlotte, North Carolina in a poorly-packaged giant brown box.

Arriving in no worse shape than they had left, the two chairs quickly became a project and made the stunning transformation from dejected dining chairs to conversation-starting occassional chairs. I love them (and yes, you can sit on them), and I think the juxtaposition of the cowhide and the bright--almost garish--turquoise paint is what makes everyone take notice. I thought I was the only one with this idea until I stumbled upon Kyle Bunting while surfing the Internet last night. How did I not know about this guy before? His designs take my vision to the next level, and I have to admit that I'm slightly obsessed. Here's a look at some of his work:






Images from Kyle Bunting

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/27/2012

    how much for the skull chairs?????

    ReplyDelete