10.13.2010

mirror, mirror

Abracadabra! To make the living room appear bigger, I decided to go with the antique tiled mirror from West Elm. For $149, I decided the money was worth it if this is truly the trick that will sell our house.

Will it work? Here's a look at the living room before and after:





I like the mirror. I think it will help with lighting in the room; however, I decided not to take the advice of our realtor to put topiaries--or "Miyagi plants" as Alex calls them--on either side of the mirror to add a "pop of color" (I love realtor speak, by the way). Instead, I opted for the glass vases that were previously stationed in our non-working fireplace. Even though we're trying to appeal to the masses, I couldn't bring myself to concede to such a generic, catalog look as fake plants on the mantel.

1 comment: