10.07.2010

37 minutes


I'm glad I drive an SUV, and here's why: when you're at work and receive a phone call that someone would like to look at your house in exactly 37 minutes, the car becomes a great storage space for all your home's eyesores that are neglected on a daily basis. Two kids and a husband can create clutter in record time, so here's what I stuffed into my Ford Explorer at 11:21 this morning (the showing was scheduled for 11:30):

- one stroller
- one can of paint
- one bag of "fixer-up" items that needs to be returned to the Home Depot
- one training toilet
- one bag of electronic wires I found piled up on the desk
- one laundry basket full of Scout's clothes
- one bag of miscellaneous items (ranging from unopened mail to a baby monitor)
- one bassinet in which Scout sleeps
- one Boppy

After making a mad dash to turn on all the lights, pull back the curtains, wipe down the counters and empty the trash, I made it out of the house with one minute to spare. I'm getting kind of good at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment