5.27.2010

analyze this

Remember the analogies portion of the SAT? You'd spend hours studying problems like the following,

glass : translucence

A. cup : portability
B. mammal : perfection
C. light : opacity
D. metal : luster
E. cotton : weight

only to leave your head spinning and your eyes bulging (the answer is D, by the way). While pondering the current state of the housing market, I recently came up with an analogy of my own.  Think granite : sold sign / massage : tranquility. Perhaps my analogy isn't standardized test approved, but I am hoping that following the advice of our realtor (after several months of urging) our decision to install granite countertops in the kitchen will be the magic MLS catch phrase that sells our house. While the granite isn't in line with my personal aesthetic, I have to concede that it is an improvement over the Formica preceding it.


I've watched so many home improvement and "sell this house" shows over the past year that I'm expecting the house to sell itself once word gets out about the granite. The glass tile backsplash, incidentally, was a surprisingly easy DIY project that my husband and I undertook one night to complete the look. It's been about a month since the granite was installed and we just finished the kitchen project last week with the addition of a new stove, so here I sit waiting for the offers to roll in...

No comments:

Post a Comment