5.28.2010

a world of color


The commercials don't lie: in a world of iPhone apps, if you can imagine it, there's an app for that. When thinking of color schemes for my decorating projects, I often look to sources outside of the paint swatches lining the walls of home improvement stores. Everything from a fallen leaf to a peacock feather to the fabric of a favorite dress has inspired my color choices. Now, thanks to Benjamin Moore, I can save myself the embarrassment of dragging random tchotchkes into the paint store to find the correct match among thousands of color choices. The company known for its premium paints that has a cult following among designers and architects is now at my finger tips with the introduction of ben Color Capture. An ingenious app that allows you to snap a picture of any color inspiration, anywhere in the world, and instantly matches it to one of the company's 3,300 color choices is sure to be a hit with home decorators everywhere. Thanks for reading my mind, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment