8.19.2010

sleepy sunday

This past Sunday I finally made it to the Sleepy Poet. My friend has been telling me about it for years but I never made the trip. What is it? An adorable little antiques mall/indoor flea market in Charlotte. Right up my alley--I don't know what took me so long.

When I lived in New York, I looked forward to grabbing a cup of coffee on a chilly Saturday morning and browsing the flea markets in Chelsea for hours on end. I furnished my entire apartment with items I found there (in addition to a table and chair that I found in someone's dumpster--everyone in New York does that). With a little re-purposing, some paint and a couple faux finishing techniques I picked up in design school, when "shabby chic" was cool, I was able to create my own little Anthropologie-inspired living space in 300 square feet of cramped living quarters.

At Sleepy Poet on Sunday there was so much to see and so little time--not to mention we had to keep Catcher under wraps as he had a field day running up and down the aisles grabbing at precious valuables--but I did manage to capture a few images showcasing the array of treasures you'll find there.

I've been obsessed with using some sort of antlers to decorate with for a while. I love this buffalo skull that I found at Sleepy Poet but not its price tag of $250. The search continues...

This freaky little mink was giving me the eye. I'm not sure what one is to do with such a thing, but I'm sure someone's grandmother knows.


Alex found a charming little football player that he wanted to take home. I nixed the idea--he already has a bobblehead collection that we need to get under control.


I love the iron-wrought framed mirror. Spray paint it a shocking pink, and it would be perfect for Scout's someday room.

I actually did find something to bring home with me, but I'll save that for another day. It needs a little face lift and a place to rest other than the back of our Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment