8.24.2010

a few of my favorite things

Today is my birthday. It's funny--the older I get, the younger I feel. I'm knocking on the door of 35 (I'm 34 today), but I still feel like I have my whole life ahead of me and plenty of time to do all the things I've ever wanted. I feel less stressed about my life than I did when I was 24, and that's a good thing. So on my birthday, I'd just like to give a shout out to a few of my favorite things...

Lucky Charms
I know the sugar-coated puffs of whatever and dehydrated marshmallows that are Lucky Charms shouldn't really count as food, but on your birthday nothing counts anyway. I'm a sucker for kids' foods--Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, etc. Indulging in these questionable foods is a guilty pleasure.


Bugaboo stroller
I would never make it through the early weeks of motherhood without my trusty Bugaboo. I look forward to getting out of the house on my morning walks and feel cool doing so with this most stylish of strollers.

Felicity, the complete series on DVD
Felicity: my favorite television show ever. It's another thing getting me through the newborn days. The only problem with watching the episodes back to back (to back) is that I'm beginning to think these people are real...and my friends.


Bling
My wedding and engagement rings are truly one-of-a-kind. Fashioned from jewelry that once belonged to Alex's grandmothers and great-grandmother, nothing could ever replace them.


Red Vines!

macBOOK
My MAC has only been with me a few months, but this blog never would have started without it. I don't even remember life in the PC world.


college tees
Tee shirts from Alex's life on the road--oversized, silly and dorky, but they remind me of Alex when he's away from home.

cat-themed greeting cards
I hate cats but I love the crazy (and disturbing) cat cards that my mom sends me every year on my birthday. It's become an inside joke between the two of us, and I look forward to seeing how outrageous this year's will be. This is one of the best ones yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment