8.27.2010

diaper bag, take two

So things didn't exactly work out with the Scout diaper bag. I should have known it was too good to be true. When it arrived I knew we were in trouble the second I took it out of its shipping box. It was too big, too stiff and too "mommy-fied." Inside there was a case to hold baby wipes, a changing pad, some type of receiving blanket and some other unidentifiable rolled-up thing. And there were pockets everywhere. What do you do with all those pockets? By the time I put my wallet in, the thing was full already and I hadn't even started with Scout's diapers and bottles. Then I remembered that sometimes the simplest solution is the simplest solution, so I went back to my original plan of looking for a messenger bag. And here's what I found on eBay for $20:


It's a great little Marc Jacobs nylon messenger bag in my favorite color (of the moment). There's plenty of room--but not too much room--on the inside and a couple of pockets on the outside to stash whatever it is that moms need to stash (right now I have a toy motorcycle that I bring out for Catcher in "emergency" situations like dinner in public when he's about to go Tazmanian devil on the place). I think it will do the trick; sorry Petunia Pickle Bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment