8.03.2010

the measure of cool

On my wish list: The Selby is in Your Place

Photographer and blogger Todd Selby knows what cool is. If he ever comes knocking on your door requesting a photo shoot, you'll know that you've made it into the realm of the eternally hip. This past Sunday the New York Times profiled Selby, and I became even more fascinated with his work. I applaud his attitude toward choosing the interiors he photographs, which Selby sums up succinctly in this quote: "I'm not interested in someone who's just rich and boring or paid some interior designer to make this crazy house."

I've always been a fan of the photojournalistic approach to photography, and Selby's ability to capture raw or unstaged, if you will, interiors is inspiring to those of us who don't live inside a West Elm catalog. Here's a closer look at some of his work (all photos from The Selby).
















No comments:

Post a Comment