8.12.2010

color me happy



Although I now live in a beige world--at least until this house sells and I can begin decorating a new place--I can't rid myself of color entirely. Years ago I was leafing through a design magazine and saw an article featuring a home in New Orleans where the owner had covered the windowsill of her loft in brightly colored glass vases and bottles. The image stuck with me, and I eventually adopted a similar look--on a much smaller scale--in my own home. I found these colored vases at TJ Maxx for about $10 each when we moved to Charlotte. First I placed them on the mantle, then I had them on the dining room table; they even sat on our console for a while until I happened upon their final resting spot in the fireplace. I realize the idea of decorating with bottles and vases is not unique to me, so here's a look at the work of some others:

Country Living

Design by Jonathan Adler

Image from Southern Living

Display by Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams


House Art Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment