11.03.2010

you can't always get what you want...



Alas, the box house has sold. If you'll recall from my recent stalking incident, the front lawn had been mowed and the for sale sign had suspiciously been removed. Ever the optimist, though, I presumed the house was simply undergoing a little facelift to become more attractive to buyers (I even convinced myself that the fact I could no longer find it on MLS meant it was going to be re-listed--not that it had sold). After another drive by (and looking in the windows, and letting Catcher run around in the courtyard) on Sunday, Alex and I decided maybe it was time to check in on the status and contact the selling agent to see what the story is. The story is we're crazy stalkers and the house does not belong to us.

I would be more upset, but the truth is that I've recently been having doubts about the box house. Our house is quickly approaching the 18-month mark of being on the market, and it's made me think about how difficult it would be to sell the box house if we owned it and if we went to sell it one day. Although we think it would be our forever house, you never know where life will take you. If selling a cute cottage in a desirable neighborhood is this difficult, then I can't imagine the trouble we would come across selling a weird box house in a somewhat "fringe" area. All I can say is that everything happens for a reason and there must be something better around the corner.

Actually, I've already been scoping out my next victim--a mid-century diamond in the rough that needs a lot of work but is in a fabulous neighborhood. I've only seen it from the outside, but it's speaking to me...stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment