11.15.2010

what's up with rob van winkle?

curbed.com

If you're "from the 90s" as I often describe myself, then Rob Van Winkle needs no introduction. He is Vanilla Ice. He knew how to "light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle," but what ever happened to the rapper-turned-heroine addict? It turns out that sampling David Bowie and sweet dance moves aren't his only talents--he knows a thing or two about flipping houses. This weekend I stumbled upon The Vanilla Ice Project on DIY network, and I have to admit I'm kind of hooked. Watching Vanilla Ice and his band of tattooed contractors flip a 7,000 square foot home in Palm Beach, Florida is quite inspiring. I wonder if they could make it up to Charlotte for a little mid-century renovation...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/22/2010

    Anything less than the best is a felony...
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what he was saying? I always thought it was "light up the stage like a birthday candle".

    Love it or leave it you better gain weight (to follow a's comment)...

    ReplyDelete